SEO Negotiation : How to Win the Business Side of SEO?
SEO services aren’t just about meta tags and content. A huge part of the success is tied up in the inevitable business negotiations. Here are some smart tips and considerations which will strengthen your SEO negotiation skills –
Get most out of the SEO Audit!
1. Highlight the opportunities
The best of the digital marketing agency recommend to highlight the opportunities. Get them to know about what their site is capable of and could help with.
2. Explain their competitive advantage
Provide an analysis of where you are amongst the competitors and why. This will make them feel as though you have a strong understanding of digital marketing services and help reach a desired position.
3. Under-promise, over-deliver
You will not want to lose trust or credibility with a potential client by overpromising so under-promise and over-deliver.
Smart Negotiation Tactics!
1. Do your research
Try to know everything about your client. This knowledge will help you before going into negotiation that will really help you.
2. Prioritize the termsThe questions you need to ask is ‘What am I willing to lose? What can I give up to reach a point that we can both agree on?
3. Use the words ‘fair’ and ‘comfortable’These words are inarguable. You want to use these terms to put the other side at ease and also help bridge the gap where you can come out in a win-win situation.
4. Never be the key decision makerYou have to lose some leverage. Even if you are the only decision maker, there are people that care about you and that are looking out for your business and you can use that in negotiation.
Tips for negotiation newcomers!
1. Power PoseA very important tip to remember is to power pose before negotiations. Go ahead and power. Feel good and confident!
2. Walk the walkYou have got to when it comes to negotiation and to just feel comfortable in that space.
3. Be goodRemember, know that good is better than perfect. A lot of us are perfectionist and we have to execute good. However, trying to be perfect can sometimes kill us all.
Take time to get to know their business!
1. Tie in ROITake the time to know someone’s business. It’s gives a positive impact and shows that you care and are able to prioritize what it is that you can deliver based on where they make the most money or services they offer. This helps you tie in the ROI of the things which you can accomplish.
2. Know the order of products/services which make them the most money
For example, Company X worked with plastic surgeons. It’s important to understand how people decide to get any sort of elective procedure. We came down to two things – Photos and Price. Hence, optimizing these two things can help ace the space.
Therefore, showing that you care and trying a combination of all the tips mentioned above, the best marketing agencies assure to get good business and further offer premium digital marketing services.