Local SEO is very much different from the average SEO campaigns and it is changing at a very fast pace. While the on-page SEO factors play a very important role in the website of your business to rank, there are many other factors that must be considered.
Google My Business Page
You need to claim your Google My Business Page as soon as possible. It is one of the most important steps of local SEO. As you claim your profile, add a long description, contact details, photos and get real reviews.
Name, Address, Phone Number (NAP)
Ensure that you have your full NAP on your website. Try to have it on each and every page. You may use Schema.org markup on your NAP to give the search engines all they need to display your company information correctly. The best local SEO service providers can help you incorporate the code on the pages.
Local reviews have a direct impact on the local search rankings. Try getting reviews from your customers on the Google business page, local directories etc.
Local On- page SEO Factors
The on- page content plays a very important role in the local rankings. You need to squeeze the most value out of your content. While writing content for your business website, make sure that you follow these points:
- Add City/Region, plus a relevant keyword, within your landing page title tag.
- Add City/Region, plus a relevant keyword, within your landing page H1 tag.
- Add City/Region, plus a relevant keyword, within your landing page URL.
- Add City/Region, plus a relevant keyword, within your landing page content
- Add City/Region, plus a relevant keyword, within your landing page image ALT attributes.
- You may also embed a Google map with your business marker into your landing page.
All these factors can be very well taken care by the best local SEO service providers.
Link Building and Citations
Link building within local SEO campaigns is incredibly important. You can target the local directories to get links, especially when it comes to building citations. These citations don’t even need to be linked, as long as they’re referencing your business NAP consistently in the same way.
SERP click through rate
Maximise your SERP CTR as they have a huge impact on the local search rankings. It will also enable your rankings to stabilise. To maximise your SERP CTR:
- Make your title tag as readable and relevant as possible.
- Have a detailed meta description
- Use social media platforms to measure the CTR from social and then take those findings to adapt your SERP snippet.