Targeting a keyword? Want to see your website on the first page for a given search term?
Ranking for a keyword in organic search is the repeatable process. You won’t get the desired result always, but if you are a new website trying to rank a popular word, take Content Marketing and SEO seriously.
Here are the ten steps to rank for a keyword in Google –
Step 1: Lay the Groundwork – This is more of a pre-step than a first step. The list is:
- A strong website: The longer the website has been around, accruing authority and links, the better.
- A network to draw on: In order to rank, it is important to have a built-in network to share the content according to the best digital marketing companies in Delhi.
- Don’t rush
Step 2: Do the Initial Keyword Research
You may think what keyword you keyword you wish to target but the fact is CHECK YOUR INSTINCTS. Use the many keyword tools to get a sense of the search volume for the keyword as well as the competition before you finalize the keyword choice. The considerations are :
- Choosing a keyword with good volume but not too much volume.
- Choosing a keyword to the business model
Step 3: Analyze the competition
Once choosing the keyword, evaluate your competitors to see what they are doing. The digital marketing companies in Delhi suggest paying attention to :
- The domains and URLs
- The titles
- The kind of content which is ranking
- The kind of businesses which are ranking
- How authoritative the sites are
Step 4: Consider the Intent
The more specific the keyword, the easier it is to gauge searcher’s intent. ‘Intent’ is what the person using the search query really wants. Experts have said that the perfect search engine serves only one result. You want to be that one result which satisfies the searcher’s need so that they do not bounce to the search results.
Step 5: Conceptualize the Content
The next step is to create a plan for the actual content you will create to rank for the chosen keyword. There are many ways to rank a keyword, including but not limited to –
- An article/ blog post
- A product page
- An index or directory of links
- An authoritative guide
- An infographic or a video
- How long will it take to create the content? Who will create it? Do you have the resources and budget you need? Figure it to accentuate the process.
Step 6: Execute
Execute the plan but don’t rush. Search engines are looking for high-quality content which benefits the searcher, not keyword stuffed pages or pages full of ads.
Step 7: Optimize the Keyword
Optimize the content while creating it rather than optimizing later. This is where the list of keywords formulated in Step 2 comes in. Insert the keywords where you can in the content.
However, according to digital marketing companies in Delhi, it is a good idea to double check your keyword research. It is possible that the content has evolved and check for the alignment between content and keyword.
Step 8: Publish
This step talks about publishing the content. Depending on the type of content it is, you may need to be careful about scheduling this step. You may also need to coordinate with PR or other interested parties at your company, for example when launching content related to a new product or service.
Step 9: Promote
This is a crucial step and should come immediately after publishing. Make sure you do what you can to get your content as many eyeballs as possible.
Share the content via the business’s social accounts
- Use social buttons or widgets to promote independent sharing
- Build links to the content
- Accruing your page views and social shares will help you accrue links which will help you earn that ranking.
Step 10: Analyze
The web is a living medium and it’s never too late to better optimize the content. Check the keyword ranking manually or with a tool. Use your analytics to see what keywords your content is actually ranking for. If the keywords aren’t ranking make sure the content is –
- Truly optimized
- High Quality
There is a possibility that the keyword you chose is too competitive. Try targeting less competitive keywords until you’ve built up more authority.
This is the process listed by the top digital marketing companies in Delhi and around to rank keywords. Whatever your business niche, make sure the process works for you. So GET STARTED!