Use this practical checklist to diagnose what are the reasons for the drop? This list is optimized for users to help troubleshoot losses in rankings and organic traffic. It is good to understand the logic behind the fall in the rankings so that you can find the reasons and recover your website’s rankings. Just go through this checklist carefully and improve your visibility again that you earlier achieved through search engine optimization.
- When a sudden growth in new links that are pointing to a particular domain are noticed, it sometimes leads to a partial decline in the rankings. The trustworthiness of the website and the authority of the linking domains determine the impact of new links; that might be positive or negative.
- The Lost Links- When a website has a smaller backlink profile then it increases more prospects of dependency on particular backlinks. If these backlinks are provisionally unavailable or removed; it might leave a considerable impact on the authority of a website and trigger ranking drops. Check this loss with the backlinks for satisfactory results.
- Dropped Redirections- Rebranding often creates typical cases where there is a lot of objectivity for the links behind permanent redirects. Check these redirects frequently to avoid further performances and effective search engine optimization.
- If the ranking drops have occurred on highly commercial terms, and suspect backlinks are pointing to the pages affected then it is possible that the drop is a consequence of a penalty. These penalties are mostly applied via algorithms or manually. In both cases, it is important to take action to remove the issue on an immediate basis.
- Check the fundamentals- The essential factors that control crawling and indexing of your website should not be overlooked. The situations like incorrect canonical tags or no index tags can affect the ranking of a website on a serious note. Talk to your SEO company to address this issue.
- When the click through rate changes it is more likely to impress on the terms of moderate keywords. If the click through rate drops down suddenly, this could be a cause for the ranking drops. As a user, if you notice growth in importance, it suggests that click through rate leaves the footprints on a high ranking performance.
- The recorded changes in the behaviour- At times the drops of rankings are not caused due to issues faced by your website, but it is the result due to Google.
For better results and practical procedures carefully see through that accidental drops in the rankings don’t prevail. In case if anything happens that brings down your ranking all of a sudden, take help of an efficient SEO company. With this checklist, you’ll come close to the facts and understand the fundamental reasons for the drops and put efforts to restore your rankings.