A Beginner’s Guide to 5 common misconceptions about Digital Marketing!
The marketing industry has experienced huge changes. It has evolved on a broad scale providing a wider range of channels where it is easy to reach and connect with customers at a global level. But like many other things, there are some aspects of DIGITAL MARKETING that are surrounded by several misconceptions. Keeping these in mind, many businesses are missing the opportunity to expand through digital marketing.
Some of the common misconceptions listed by Elixir Web Solutions are –
1. Time consumption versus the anticipated results – The first thing that disappoints a beginner is a time used by a beginner against the results. It is an established fact that there is hardly any shortcut to success except pay-per-click advertisements in the digital world or sphere. When you initiate to market your business online, you got to wait and watch for the results. Reworking of the strategy after a few days can lead to expected results. The results of digital marketing stay for a long time. As the flow of business sets, it overpowers the revenue collection of even the off-line marketing processes.
2. You need to have a significant budget for success – Another factor that affects a beginner’s first step in the digital marketing world is the financial/money issue. People have often tied with the common misconception that digital or online marketing means that you will have a significant budget but this not at all true. When you start working yourself or employ a professional in the area, the very minimal and economical investment can start showing great results. You can also expect good results from other parts of the marketing domain. There are so many techniques that can be executed to get first-hand results without investing huge bucks in your digital marketing company.
3. SEO will become obsolete – SEO can never die, it will just advance and transform. This is nothing but misconceptions about digital marketing company. SEO is not likely to die but there is a possibility that the approach might be changed, along with with the search engine algorithmic updates. The on-page SEO combined with other activities is also important to Google and other search engines. Henceforth, SEO techniques are advancing to bring the results to customers and are not dying till the time we have search engines.
4. Too technical and difficult to track – People consider digital marketing as very technical to handle but this is again not true. Googling around and with the help of some friends, one can easily handle the site’s online marketing process. There are a number of tools to analyze and trace the output of your digital marketing efforts. For example for keyword analysis, tools such as Google Analytics can be used to help you outperform and track your business growth.
5. Social networking is all online – People with a deep misconception that social media marketing is all in all in digital marketing. If you can market yourself on social channels, you don’t need anything else. But for beginners, this is not the case. If you search, you will find that there are so many techniques to bring the required results and making your presence more reachable.