With so many new advancements and strategic changes by Google in 2016, we can only guess what might happen in 2017. We are sure that 2017 will also be a year of advancement and new techniques, but we are uncertain what can we expect as Google is all set to take us all by surprise. Here are some predictions for SEO in 2017 according to Moz.
1) Voice searches will comprise 25% of all US Google searches. Despite this, we can expect the mobile ( not- voice) searches to grow. The voice searches will not cannibalise the desktop or the mobile searches (not- voice in both the cases) but rather it would just add on top of them thus increasing the overall searches.
If the voice searches begin to cannibalise the desktop and mobile searches, then it will be the first true high-risk technology shift in the SEO world.
2) Google will remain the top referrer of the website traffic. According to Moz, Google will prepare to dominate, no matter the prognostication about the Facebook & Snapchat.
3) Google will offer paid search ads in featured snippets, Knowledge graph, and/or carousels. In 2016, Google offered new types of ads such as shopping ads in image search, rolled out ads in local packs, and increased the number of top ads in AdWords to 4. Despite this paid CTRs have been pretty flat.
4) Amazon Search will have 4% or more of Google's web Search volume. Amazon and Google are neck to neck in the searches for products with Amazon's ~2% of the overall search volume and Google's ~4% of the overall search volume. It is expected that Amazon will grow their search penetration and volume.
5) Twitter will continue to be the most valuable and popular network for publishers and influencers. The platform's open systems and media presence give it an edge over the others. Twitter will continue to grow independently at a slow pace but maintaining its cultural and influencer status.
6) The top mobile apps will remain same with fewer changes. Apps dominate the time spent on the mobile. At present, Facebook and Google own a full 6 of the top 10 apps with Amazon's entry in the top 10 in 2016. Not much change is expected in the top 10 apps. Facebook App ranks number 1 with Facebook Messenger and Youtube on number 2 and 3 respectively.
With so many changing trends it becomes difficult to keep track and stay updated. You need to keep your ranks intact, no matter what surprises or shocks come your way. You can always connect with Elixir Web Solutions, which is one of the best SEO company in India and outrank all your competitors. The best SEO company in India has professionals who stay updated and can analyse and strategize your campaigns in a way that you achieve success.