Having a secure web is really important. Even Google knows its importance and every now and then, it finds new ways to encourage website owners to go secure. Google has declared HTTPS as a ranking signal and it has also started to index HTTPS pages first. It has also marked all the HTTP sites as ‘non-secure’ in, chrome.
What Is HTTPS?
HTTPS stands for Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) with an ‘S’ in the end which refers to ‘Secure.’ If a website adopts HTTPS, it means that it provides the users with three key layers of protection:
- Authentication prevents ‘man-in-the-middle’ attacks. It provides us with a guarantee that one is communicating with the authentic and right website.
- Encryption provides privacy by encrypting the exchanged data. As the information is encrypted, the level of security increases which enables us to be sure that the information will not be stolen.
- HTTPS enables data integrity prevents data from being unnoticeably modified or corrupted during the transfer.
Why Migrate to HTTPS?
HTTPS provides you the most efficient security, but apart from security, there are several more things to consider:.
- Private and secure online experience. It helps you to gain users trust which is a truly valuable asset for a business.
- Some awesome updates like HTTP/2 are only supported over
- Ranking boost may be a good incentive, as Google hints on strengthening HTTPS signal in the future.
Now, you can plan out the migration and move to a more secure network. You need a well-thought-out plan to make your HTTPs migration painless. In order to move towards a more secure system, you can take the help of a digital marketing agency. The digital marketing agency also provides services like online reputation management, social media optimization, and much more.