In an age where internet can be found everywhere, marketing has donned a new look called digital marketing. Digital Marketing has a lot of verticals under it but one of the most affordable and effective digital marketing strategies is email marketing. In fact, for every $1 spent on email marketing, there is a potential to earn $44. That is an ROI of 4400% which is what every business needs.
Some tips to make your email campaigns more effective are:
- Personalize your emails: Personalization increases email click-through rates by an average of 14% and conversions by 10%. Therefore, it makes sense to send an email by using the recipient’s name instead of a generic ‘Hey there!’ Automated behavioral emails take personalization to the next level. If someone has made a purchase on your site, you can send a follow-up email which shows items that are related to the purchase.
- Segment your mailing list: Not all customers want the same thing and if you keep sending all emails to everyone on your list, you may end up with a lot of irate customers who ultimately may leave you. You can use purchase history, location, behavioral data and other characteristics to segment your list. A 760% increase in revenue is noted from segmenting emails.
- Deliverability is very important: It is very important that emails reach the recipient instead of getting trapped in spam and junk filters. Avoid using words that trigger spam and keep the quality of the content very good. Never forget to include an unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email.
- Send on good days: Send the emails when they are most likely to be opened and read. Keep in mind the difference in time zones while sending emails.
- Make them mobile friendly: Mobile is used by most people nowadays so it is very imperative that the emails sent look just as good on a mobile as they do on a computer.
- Include videos: Inclusion of videos in the emails have revealed a 22% increase in email clicks so this must be followed.
- The subject line should catch the reader’s interest: The reader is most likely to delete an email without even reading it if the subject line is not interesting enough. The best subject lines are concise, personal and give readers an idea of what the email is all about.
- Track your email: Check if the content is good or not, whether the font style and size are fine.
Email is one of the most cost-effective marketing strategies that can be used by businesses today and if implemented properly can have a huge positive effect on the ROI. In India, if you need professional help to customize your emails, there are leading companies such as Elixir Web Solutions that provide email marketing services in India. There are various email marketing companies in India and several email marketing companies in Delhi that can help you through the way.